Monday, September 24, 2012

Feb 10, 2011

What a day! Saw the sunrise with P, Anna and Gigi. Went for a boatrise with Soni, Moni, Durga and Sudevi - all the way to Dasaswamedh ghat - fed the gulls and P and Anna got off at Mansarover ghat to have idly's. Gigi and I returned to Assi to drop off the girls - then Anna told us to meet them at Aum. Anna apparently confronted P with the fact that he may need some help for his "tripping". P was pissed off. After waiting for a while P finaliy showed up - we gave him the medicine in the morning (in tea that I took to his room) and he was really drowsy and a bit unstable. Went back after Hummus to his room - and played sitar for a little while and then slept. I spent time in his room and waited for some way to broach the subject of his return. Somehow I was hoping we could all confront him with our concerns and then he would agree and we would drive to Lucknow and fly back. In my head this was going to work out. P woke up late and we went to Kerala Cafe. Anna confronted him saying that we all thought he needs to see a doctor. He said that he didn't and that all of us were ill - "I'm not mad" "Who talked to the doctor - who's involved?". He was clear, rational and forceful - got up and left. Gigi followed him and found him at Assi ghat watching the aarti. This was a big relief to me. From the cafe Anna and I went to Dr. Gupta's place. There we decided that we have wasted enough time and that P needs to be under medication NOW. Dr. Jhanwar said he couldn't arrange for the hospital ambulance/pick up as he was not around and this was an unusual case. He recommended Heritage Hospital - Dr. Gupta suggested we go there now - talk to the casualty doctor and arrange for an ambulance to get P. So we went to Heritage Hospital - met Dr. Anoop the Casualty doctor. He came immediately with an ambulance/helper and driver. Anna and I rode in the ambulance with them - very tough. Reached Assi. Walked up to his room - all the doors were shut. I knocked. P opened after a bit. "Who are you?". I told P to talk to the doctor for 5 minutes. He said that the doctor and his assistant need to leave now and that I could get in - I slowly slipped away. Went took a leak and as I came out of Temple on Ganges I saw the ambulance pulling away. The doctor didn't go through with it - said he would come in the morning with additional people. I went and spoke to P - he was calmly lying on his bed - "How dare you bring a doctor to my room?" "If you put one more obstacle in my way - like getting this doctor I will become the destroyer (metaphorically) and finish you." I asked him to come and he said he would never ever come to Bangalore. Asked me to head out tomorrow as planned to take 'that woman' with me - I left feeling some relief atleast for asking his consent one last time.

Came out and returned to the hospital to make payments - and returned - Gigi was watching and P hadn't left the room. At around 10:30, the three of us were eating at the pizzeria and I caught a glimpse of P walking down past the monkey baba - he looked like he was with some firangs (foreigners) - Gigi saw him from higher up and it looked like he was looking for something (no?) and then he went back - Gigi followed him and it seemed like he was back in his room. Its 11:55 now - I'm totally pooped - just hope things go well tomorrow. Gigi's asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment