Friday, November 23, 2012

Baba Viswajeet Ambat

Today I met my mallu alter ego, the thin, curly haired, big bearded man Viswajeet Ambat. 30 year old enlightened soul. Discovered Benaras six years back. Saw me at the Pallab Das concert back in 2009 for the first time. We just connected. He is doing his sadhana in Benaras, practising Vipaasana sometimes, living a silent life without any baggage. No laptop, no chargers, no hard disks, no camera. Owns close to nothing. He said "doing nothing also requires discipline". The people you find in Benaras. Always have exciting stories. Of how they came to take an interest in self-enquiry. The reasons why they began to look inwards. He was a photographer in Bangalore. Shooting constantly. You can see his beautiful work here. Reminds me of abstrakt kollision. But much prettier. We spoke a bit over chai. We didn't exchange much words. There was no requirement to talk too much. He was in his space of silence and I was observing in silence. Its time to pause and reflect, once again. The time for stillness is now. Oh, and I moved into Babu House. Viswajeet stayed in the same room two years back. Serendipity in Shiva City.  

3 comments:

  1. It's always great to experience Benaras through your posts on BST. Keep posting and heathens like me will begin to believe..someday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see pictures of Viswajeet but there is no more pictures online it looks like there is nowhere

    ReplyDelete